7 Powerhouse Healthy Breakfasts to Start Your Day
Take a step back and think about your body: it is a living, breathing organism that needs certain vitamins and minerals in order to properly function and operate. That’s why it’s incredibly important that you give it what it needs every day by eating healthy and hearty meals that will keep you energized and satiated while also fueling your cells and organs.
Everyone knows that breakfast is the most important meal, because it kicks your body into high gear and gets you ready to begin your day. That’s why it’s important to eat a nutrient-packed breakfast to start you off on the right foot; here are some healthy meals that are hearty enough to keep you full and fueled throughout the morning:
- Mocha Banana Protein Smoothie Bowl – If you’re a person who likes a sweeter meal in the morning – being a coffee lover is a bonus – this protein-and-fiber-packed breakfast is one for you.
- Sweet Potato, Black Bean & Avocado Breakfast Burritos – For a healthy, delicious, and easily portable meal, try out this incredible dish – after all, who doesn’t love a good burrito?
- Baked Eggs In Garlicky Collard Greens and Sweet Potatoes – Shake up your normal breakfast routine with baked eggs and collard greens in this filling and savory meal. And ladies – feel free to use three eggs, too.
- Poached Eggs With Tomato, Swiss Chard, and Chickpeas – Another out of the ordinary dish to throw off the typical breakfast – you know: toast, cereal, bagels, bacon, sausage, etc. – this one is sure to satisfy. It’s a special twist on shakshuka, a traditional Middle Eastern dish, and in just 350 calories it packs nearly 40% of your daily recommended fiber intake and over 20 grams of protein to fill you up and keep you running throughout the morning.
- Baked Eggs in Avocados with Wheat Toast – Looking for a double shot of omega-3 to kickstart your day? You’ve come to the right place. This simple yet delicious recipe combines two foods packed with healthy fats into a creamy, delicious, and savory snack. Omega-3s can help reduce your risk for heart attack, rheumatoid arthritis, and depression, and is incredibly beneficial to pregnant women as it aids in fetal development.
- Cheddar, Bacon, and Spinach Egg Casserole – This powerful casserole is great for feeding the whole family a wholesome and healthy breakfast. It’s packed with eggs, cheese, bacon, dill, spinach, and onions, which makes it not only healthy but incredibly flavorful, too. This recipe serves five, though can easily be doubled to make enough for two days’ worth of meals.
- Twice-Baked Breakfast Sweet Potatoes – Believe it or not, this paleo recipe is built to get rid of leftovers while serving a completely new and inspired dish. It uses leftover roasted sweet potatoes — alongside bacon, onion, garlic, and eggs — to make a natural and filling refection.